Friday, October 22, 2010

FRIDAY

Tonight it has been exactly a week already! I cannot believe how fast time is going!!
This morning we got up extra early and caught the subway down to battery park to board  the ferry for the Statue of Liberty and it was surreal! Even after sailing past it yesterday it was still unbelievible how big and beautiful the statue is...

 ah Manhattan, I love you!

 Random tourists who want their picture taken with us ;) practically celebrities


oh, now this photo has a funny story attatched; on the ferry home from the Statue seating was limited (only one bench around the outside of the ferry) so we sat leaning on a pole on the floor in the middle, when one europian tourist came and leant on the pole I was sitting against, who was joined by his friend, and their friends, and their friends partners until 
I was somehow sitting in the middle of all these people who had surrounded me, almost completely, and who were loudly discussing their photos (i think?) in some language I had no hope understanding, hence the scared little look...hehe!!

We we're pretty tired after the big weekso far, plus it was FREEZING outside, so we had Subway for lunch at home and watched Grey's Anatomy :) before heading back downtown to Times Square to book bus tickets, because we're off to Bethlehem tomorrow to participate in a world record attempt for the most people dancing to "Thriller" across the U.S!!
Then we entered the lottery for Million Dollar Quartet and won! (all three of us this time!) and the show was so much FUN, all the cast we're so talented it was fantastic, especially the finale!

So now I'm home in bed :) and sending my love from newww york! Xx

p.s cutest happy meal boxes EVER!!

5 comments:

  1. I love the Blog and I love you!
    What an amazing day - I cried reading your Blog...it's amazing!
    Love you & miss you loads
    mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s.
    have you got new jeans on Missy?
    I hope you are doing lots of fun shopping!!!
    I'm home again ...and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gorgeous Girl
    Just so very happy to see your pictures and read your words each day.I have often wondered how amazing it would be to see and enter the statue of Liberty AMAZING.I can "sort of" imagine what a fantastic time you are having as a tourist as I used to have some Irish friends (on hols in OZ for 1 year) and I have lots of stories to share with you one day about out sight seeing with them.Remind me when you get home and we will have coffee (tea) and a good laugh,Love and keep having fun Aunty Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yey an YEY!!!! You are making y feet iotchy and long past journeys come flooding back. I must say you do it is much more exubarant style than I did! Keep living 111% all over NY city you tiny beautiful free wild spirit. Kati xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one seriously awesome jump photo. I luuuurve it!

    ReplyDelete