Wednesday, October 20, 2010

WEDNESDAY

Hiiiiiii from New York!

Had another fun fun day today. This morning we walked down to the water (only 2 blocks from out appartment) to go on a cruise around the bottom half of Manhattan, seeing the Statue of Liberty was amazing!! Its so amazing in real life, as well as the Empire State, Brooklyn Bridge, and heaps more :D




...oh and this is the UN in New York...I think you should transfer Uncle Gray ;)

Then we walked right next door to the Intrepid -which is a massive navy/aircraft carrier that has been turned into a museum. We spent about 2hrs there aswell exploring the submarine the Intrepid, and the Concorde which we're all extreemly cool (I'm sure the boys will enjoy these photo's!!)

On the Submarine
In a Space shuttle








                                               just my own private living quarters :p
On the Intrepid



And on the Concorde!

We went home for dinner before trying our luck in the Wicked lottery -in which I was unfortunately very unlucky :( unlike Lauren and Hayley who got pulled out for the last tickets, I met up with them at the end of the musical though and met Mandy (who is now Elphaba on Broadway) and she was soooo lovely. HOW EXCITING!!
...but now the sun has gone to bed and so must I...goodnight! Xx

p.s I'm trying to reply to your comments (when necessary) as another comment below, so check yesterdays comments if you asked me a question, I will try and reply as a comment on the same day every time Xx

8 comments:

  1. aaaaw, another amazing day for my girl. One day Britt, you will be talking to people and say when i was 18 i went to NY (probably for the first time!) i am totally blown away that you are there and seeing so much.
    The boys will LOVE the ship and the plane photos. I love most seeing you in all the photos, it makes me smile.
    I love and miss you soooooooo much.
    sleep sweet and have a fab day tomorrow...and thank you for taking the time to load it all and let us share your amazing holiday. mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things I haven't managed to do is see the Statue of Liberty and you have done it already, well done!! You are making us smile with your blog especially the Crew Chief Stateroom Ha Ha.
    I'm glad you have so long in that incredible city!!
    Love you rami xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Britt, You can be very proud of your mum!! Tonight at the RMHC Asia Pacific Conference "Gala Ball" your mum was inducted into the Ronald McDonald House Charities "Hall of Fame". One of the highest awards that you can get in our charity.
    This is one very proud husband and Dad signing off.
    Love you rami xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Brittany, I am still getting used to this blog thingy, but love it. And love hearing about your adventures. I think we did the same boat trip, i did it at sunset and it was still amazing. And the Brooklyn Bridge is a hit, even in the cold, cold month of April. Keep up the news, please, this is how i start and end the days here in Port Moresby, :). And you guessed right, i seriously thought of trying to get a transfer to nyc after being there. I settled for the Borobudur (& it's pool), which you will see in December. Love you, g. XX P.S. How about my little sister, :))), her dad would say, 'only right'. g'night from the other side of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha i like the way that you finish the blog with elphaba, she looks like elphaba so i believe you that you actually got to see elphaba! i bet you couldn't be happier :P

    i noticed a bit of ya mum's comment, you can actually say say "when i was 18 i was HERE..."because i plan on taking you back to new york, because it looks like lots of fun, especially the planes :)

    anywayz im off to do that fluro aerobics thing,

    cya britty :)

    love nathan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Britt,

    It looks like you're having a total HOOT in NYC! Your mum put your blog address on my blog so I can have a little peek at your holiday. Yay for living vicariously!

    Calli and Langlan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Britt
    Wonder if you are awake or asleep.Shame you missed out on Wicked tickets Hope you get another chance Each day looks like more fun times for you
    Aunty Leah xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mum; I will definately be back again, I am loving New York! but it is still pretty surreal, i almost can't believe I am really here and its almost been a week! Miss and love you lots too Xxx

    Dad; I was so excited to get my own room :p being a Crew Cheif has so many benifits! hehe, oh and the statue of liberty is amazing, we just sailed past the island though...i'll have many more amazing photos soon!!

    Uncle Gray; I can't pretend I'm not a little dissapointed that I couldn't spot your window looking out over the East river, but i'm also excited to be visiting your Jakarta residence in December :) lots of travelling for me :D

    Nathan; I can't wait!

    Calli; I'm glad you found it (or that mum put it infront of your face hehe) seeing as you and Kati are my inspiration for blogging :) oh and Langlan, you've got some cute as NY gear heading your way ;p

    Aunty Leah; everyday is better than the last, I am loving every second -and very rarely asleep :p

    Xx

    ReplyDelete